Sacramento 4-H County Ambassador
It is time to apply for the Sacramento 4-H County Ambassador Team!
What is a County Ambassador?
A County Ambassador is a representative and champion of the 4-H program in the county. County Ambassadors act as visible 4-H members - role models for their fellow 4-H members, their county, their state and their world. Our Sacramento 4-H County Ambassadors will be a youth leadership team that works closely with County Ambassador Coaches to bring opportunities to other 4-H members in our county and gain additional leadership and life skills.
County Ambassador Qualifications
- Between 14-18 years old and meet the 4-H membership requirements for the length of the term of service. On the first day of the appointment to County Ambassador, applicant must be at least 14 years old.
- Applicant must have completed at least one year of membership in 4-H prior to the year of application. Membership doesn't not have to be the most recent consecutive year.
- Applicant must have demonstrated leadership experience and skills. To ensure that the position of County Ambassador is open to all 4-H members in all program delivery modes, a member must document the following:
- Master of a project with at least 6 hours of project instructions (club projects, YES project, 4-H Resident Camp, On the Wild Side project).
- Significant leadership roles either inside or outside of 4-H.
- Citizenship or community service, either inside or outside of 4-H.
- Public speaking experience, either inside or outside of 4-H.
Applications Due - Friday, November 6, 2020
Interviews - Saturday, November 14, 2020
Notification - by Wednesday, November 18, 2020
First Meeting/Orientation - To Be Determined
12-month term: November 2020-November 2021
To apply, please:
- Complete the online application by Friday, November 6, 2020.
- Review the timeline listed above and ensure you'll be able to attend the virtual interview.
- Review the County Ambassador Handbook, including the Guidelines for County Ambassadors.
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will be interviewed (virtually on Zoom) by a panel of 4-H volunteers and youth members on Saturday, November 14. If you are unable to attend that day, please contact Caitlin. The selection panel will then determine those youth that are to be selected as part of the Sacramento 4-H County Ambassador Team.