Sacramento 4-H County Ambassador
It is time to apply for the Sacramento 4-H County Ambassador Team!
What is a County Ambassador?
A County Ambassador is a representative and champion of the 4-H program in the county. County Ambassadors act as visible 4-H members - role models for their fellow 4-H members, their county, their state and their world. Our Sacramento 4-H County Ambassadors will be a youth leadership team that works closely with County Ambassador Coaches to bring opportunities to other 4-H members in our county and gain additional leadership and life skills.
County Ambassador Qualifications
- Between 14-18 years old and meet the 4-H membership requirements for the length of the term of service. On the first day of the appointment to County Ambassador, applicant must be at least 14 years old.
- Applicant must have completed at least one year of membership in 4-H prior to the year of application. Membership doesn't not have to be the most recent consecutive year.
- Applicant must have demonstrated leadership experience and skills. To ensure that the position of County Ambassador is open to all 4-H members in all program delivery modes, a member must document the following:
- Master of a project with at least 6 hours of project instructions (club projects, YES project, 4-H Resident Camp, On the Wild Side project).
- Significant leadership roles either inside or outside of 4-H.
- Citizenship or community service, either inside or outside of 4-H.
- Public speaking experience, either inside or outside of 4-H.
Applications Due - Friday, April 12, 2019
Interviews - Saturday and/or Sunday, April 27 & 28, 2019
Notification - Friday, May 3, 2019
First Meeting/Orientation - Saturday, June 8, 2019 10:30 am- 1:30 pm (Lunch included)
14-month term: May 2019-July 2020
To apply, please:
- Complete the online application by Friday, April 12.
- Review the timeline listed above and ensure you'll be able to attend the interview and first meeting dates.
- Review the County Ambassador Handbook, including the Guidelines for County Ambassadors.
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will be interviewed by a panel of 4-H volunteers and youth members (at the 4-H Office) on the weekend of April 27 and/or 28. The selection panel will then determine those youth that are to be selected as part of the Sacramento 4-H County Ambassador Team.