National 4-H Conference - Application
Date: November 5, 2017
Time: All Day
Contact: Jenna Colburn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor: UC 4-H Youth Development Program
National 4-H Conference- April 7-14, 2018
The National 4-H Conference is a working conference in which youth and adults develop recommendations to help guide 4-H Youth Development Programs nationally and in their communities. This event brings together youth, volunteer leaders, and state and county extension staff members from across the United States, the U.S. territories, and the Canadian provinces.
All of the following must be submitted by November 5, 2017 at 11:59pm. Late applications will not be reviewed.
- 2018 National 4-H Conference Application
- 4-H Resúme - As part of this application, you will need to submit a 4-H Resúme. For more information on how to build a 4-H Resúme, visit the 4-H Resumes page under Resources for Youth Members.
- 2018 National 4-H Conference Reference Survey The Reference Survey is due by November 5, 2017 at 11:59pm. Please send this survey to the person serving as your reference and have them complete it before November 5, 2017.
Purpose of California’s Delegation to the National 4-H Conference
- Provide opportunities for California youth and adults to participate in and contribute to 4-H on the national level.
- Assist California 4-H Youth Development in strengthening youth-adult partnerships and involving youth, volunteers, and staff in 4-H decision-making.
- Provide a system for an exchange of 4-H Youth Development programming ideas among states.
- Visit Congress and make legislators aware of the tremendous impact of the 4-H program.
All delegates must not have represented California 4-H Youth Development at the National 4-H Conference within the past seven years, and will be at least 16 years of age on December 31, 2017.
Sponsorship of the California National 4-H Conference delegation
The Thomas and Dorothy Leavey Foundation supports the California National 4-H Conference delegation through the California 4-H Foundation. This includes travel to and from the pre-conference orientations, travel to and from the National 4-H Conference, and National 4-H Conference registration fees.